Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When in FIRENZE....

We made it! We arrived in Rome at 7:45 this morning, 45 minutes ahead of schedule. We went through customs and boarded a bus for Florence where we all passed out. Once we arrived, we hiked a mile long hill up to the beautiful villa where we got our rooming assignments. I am in a room with three other awesome girls, and it is by far the best room in the place. It is my favorite yellow with antique looking dark wood furniture, we have our own bathroom, and just enough closet space to not have to live out of a suitcase:) I love it.
Despite loving it, until about an hour ago after I finally was able to get a shower and re-vamp I hardly spoke 5 words to anyone from sheer exhaustion. I was so relieved to get in touch with my family who's stranded in the middle of a ridiculous ice storm, but I think I was just still in overdrive mode. We've had two delicious meals today prepared by our fantastic Italian chef. My favorite part- a giant fruit bowl in the middle of every table 24/7!!! I've had more bananas and clementines today than I have in the last week. If only I could curb my sweet tooth and leave off the Nutella tomorrow....
Another villa tradition- tea time, every night at nine o'clock. Tonight I had a delicious, caffeine-free peach tea as I watched the end of a close game between the Florence and Naples professional soccer teams. Smith- I'm telling you, this is the life.
Don't assume that this blog is simply about facts, because I fully intend for it to be much more than that. However, at the beginning with a million new things to share I'm afraid it will be consumed with the details, till the details are said, and then the real stories will unfold!
Pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Fresh fruit, football matches, and hiking in Europe. That IS the life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous!! Please post pics soon!!

    ReplyDelete